March 29, 2019

Maui 2019 Trip Report Introduction

Welcome to my first trip report introduction post! In these posts I would like to get into the following
before I start writing about the actual trip itself:
  1. Who: Who was going with me on the trip?
  2. What: What did we take to get to our destination on the trip?
  3. When: When did this trip take place?
  4. Where: Where was I going on this trip?
  5. Why: Why was I going on this trip?
  6. How: How was I getting to the destination of the trip?
Let's get started-


Who-


On this trip I went with my family including my parents, brother, three cousins, and my aunt to visit my
grandparents. My dad actually flew out around a week after we got there but came home with the rest of
the group at the end of the vacation.


What-


We took American Airlines Main Cabin Extra and Premium Economy to/from our destination. Main
Cabin extra was on the shorter flights and Premium Economy was on the longer flights.


When-


This trip took place during my February break period. We departed 3 days before on February 13th,
2019 and came home on February 24th on a redeye, actually arriving on February 25th, 2019 due to
the overnight flight and time change. That gave us around 1 1/2 weeks in paradise before we had to
head back home to the 20 degree weather of Cape Cod, Massachusetts (Have you got to know me yet?).


Where-


We were going to the beautiful sunny beaches of Maui, Hawaii. More specifically we were going to be
staying on Kaanapali Beach at the one and only Maui Kaanapali Villas (MKV). To get there however we
traveled to Dallas and back as a connection stop in our 14+ hour journey.


Why-


I was going on this trip for VACATION. Most of the trips I take are for this sole reason in case you
wanted to know (I also know that I am extremely lucky to be going on these trips. They truly are the
highlight of my life when I have them to look forward to because of my love for the industry).


How-


This will always be the meatier piece to these posts. To see my flight log for all flights taken from 2017
on please, please click here or here. In order to get there we routed:


Enjoy the series all!